Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What happened to summer????

Well I wasn't too faithful in writing each month infact I failed completely.

Its been a busy summer between working baseball games and attending baseball games watching my star players it has just flown by.
Watching the boys play was absolutely the most fun. I know that every grandmother thinks their grandsons are the most awesome baseball players in the whole world. I know that mine are because I have witnessed their growth and talent in this sport blossom. Braeden has been playing ball for awhile now and he can play catcher, pitcher or first base better than most his age. Towards the end of the season he was chosen to play on the all-stars team. Talan palyed "T-ball" grew boresd with having to hit a ball off a tee stand but enjoyed every minute of getting dirty(sliding into base he had to do this each and everytime,) For those who haven't watched a tee ball game it is cutomary for the dads or moms to joing the boys on the field with one exception Talan told his dad to "get out of his game" then on Talan was not shadowed by any family member. The coach for Talan told Heather that tee ball isnt for Talan and to put him a regular team next year. The fall season was Matt's first season. He progressed from a shy not sure of what to do next player to am attentive player who was so thrilled when he connected with the ball. There is nothing like a genuine smile on a young boys face that warms you up all over. I am so proud of each of my baseball players. Can't wait until spring!
Its fall and its the little girls turn to shine. Dance lessons are in full swing and prepartion and practice for their upcoming Chrismas recital are going well. Lexee is on a special competition team this year and already she has been in one parade and will be in the West Valley Christmas parade. Lexee will be heading to St George this June where she will perform at the Tuachan theater. This an exciting year in dance for Lexee. I am so glad that the girls enjoy their dance classes and are looking forward to showing their family what they have learned. L.A. Dance company you are the best.
Dani started second grade this year at a brand new school. One half of her day is taught in English the other in French. She has picked the second language quickly and it is so fun to hear her tell us what new word she has learned in French. Ashlee is attending pre-school this year with the same school she attened last year, There Halloween program was cute and I was so disappointed that Ashlee wasn't the star as she was last Christmas in their Christmas program. Ashlee said her teacher said not to be silly. I play a game with Ashlee where she is teaching me how to spell her name she will say "a" and I will repeat "a" and so it goes until she tells me to say "e" I do and they she says "e" again I tell her that I have already said "e" she does her darndest to get me to spell her name with two "EE" I of course finally give in and spell it right for her.
For those who know our Parker he is a little man of few words. Very few, but I was thirlled when on Dani's birthday he called me Nana. I was so excited I had to tell everyone. GO PARKER!!
With the passing of summer came the time we all knew was coming and that was Richard's deployment. Richard left one last time for New Jersey his first stop before arriving in Aphganistan, on Sunday November 1st. Richard was able to get us passes to go the to gate and with with him. At first the atmosphere was light but as it became closer to the time to say goodbye many tears were being shed. For Steve and myself we have always considered our son-in laws our sons. So as a mom this was a difficult time. There has only been one other time I felt a bit of my heart missing and that was when Cody left on his mission. Once again "my son" has taken a piece of my heart with him to a far away place. With mixed emotions we sent our solider off, we are so very proud on him, for his choice to represent our country, to sacrifice so much to keep us all safe. God bless our soldier and bring him safely back home.

No comments: